Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pecan & Coconut Crusted Pork Chops


So...I am currently taking a Speech class. This week we had to brainstorm and figure out what our Informative & Persuasive speeches will be about - these will be due in about 3 weeks. After going through my list, I decided that I'm going to do my speeches on diet & exercise with a focus on the Paleo diet.

When Ronnie started paleo last year, I got him a book he was interested in:
The Paleo Diet for Athletes
. I asked him to let me borrow it so I can use it for research on my speech. Much to my content, the back of the book is full of Paleo recipes!!! So, after reading just the intro, I flipped to the back and found one I wanted to try: Oven Baked Pecan Pork Chops.

Once I got home, I decided that adding shredded coconut would really make this tasty! The recipe instructs you to cook the chops in a glass pan & flip them half way through the cooking. I didn't much care for the liquid they were sitting in half way through and when I went to flip them, I placed them on a wire wrack, sitting above the pan so that the bottoms wouldn't be soggy.

Ingredients:

1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dry sherry or water (I used water)
Ground ginger
Garlic powder
4 lean pork chops (I used pork loin chops)
1/4 C. finely chopped pecans
1/4 C. shredded, unsweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, beat egg, oil, water, ginger, & garlic powder. In another bowl, mix the pecans & coconut.


Dip the chops in the egg mixture and then coat with the pecan/coconut mixture.



Place in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes and then flip and continue cooking for another 20 minutes or so.



Yummy!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment