Monday, September 28, 2009

Mmmm! I love CHOCOLATE!


I made a VERY tasty chocolate cake last Wednesday! It was so yummy and very hard to stay away from! The cake was ... perfect! It was moist and dense & light at the same time. I am a fan of the chocolate cake recipe I now have. I tweaked one that I found. The original recipe has a more bitter chocolate flavor as it calls for unsweetened chocolate - my version uses sweet and semisweet chocolate and I feel like it's just the perfect combination! The cake is great with frosting or without it!

I decided to play around with the frosting on this one and decorated it simple. I was really happy with the thicker and even frosting center. I get so excited when I cut into a cake that I've made and the icing in the center isn't thin... and the even-ness... well, it just makes a girl smile! Now I just have to work on making thicker walls... I should get a cake decorating book or something. I want to decorate a cake like a pro! Ugh! I wish there were more hours in the day and more time to bake bake bake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment